Saturday, May 30, 2009

HAPPY GAWAI HOLIDAY

Here in Sarawak we'll gonna have 2 days public holiday on 1st & 2nd June every year due to Gawai Celebration. I would like to take this opportunity to wish the Dayak Community either you're an iban or a bidayuh "Happy Gawai ...Gayu Guru Gerai Nyamai " :)

I just arrived Miri by plane yesterday evening and at night my friends picked me and we went to JJ's house to celebrate pre-Gawai party cum birthday celebration of his mother, a wife of the late Datuk Edward Jeli (our former cabinet minister).

It was really a nice party, there were old folks singing on the karaoke, the old Iban women danced pocho-pocho, the guys had a good time playing card, and I just mingled around with my friends. Im not sure whether earlier on, they had the 'Miring' ceremony or not because we came a bit late. Tuak was served but I didn't take it and according to the matsalleh whom i talked with, the taste was nice. The ambience has made us feel as if we were at the long house although it's a huge & beautiful bungalow.

If you're not sure what gawai is, I would suggest you to check with Mr. Wiki for more details :)

Once again...HAPPY GAWAI HOLIDAY!

1 comment:

  1. Baby, ndiat post kitak lalu terkenang manok pansuh kamek. Mun di Kalimantan sidak berik mcm2 herbs ttp kamek prefer manok pansuh Swak sebab sik bnyk ramuan. Ikan tilapia nyaman polah pansuh. Mcm ikan bawal hitam/putih nang slurpppp......

    ReplyDelete